The MC Commitment seal displayed on a business’ window or website serves as an indicator that they are committed to the highest safety standards in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.
The Meaning Behind the Commitment
The MC Commitment is a free and voluntary certification program administered by Visit Mountaineer Country CVB.
Any business in Mountaineer Country is eligible for the program as the region prepares for an economic recovery and starts to promote consumer confidence.
The MC Commitment seal represents that a business has pledged to follow all federal, state and local guidelines for reopening, including:
- Following all proper cleaning and sanitizing frequently, per the CDC and FDA.
- Reducing occupancy in common spaces, to ensure compliance with CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Requiring employees to wear appropriate protective gear and communicating an expectation that customers wear face coverings when physical distancing is not possible.
- Encouraging customer hand sanitizing and hand-washing as available.
- Integrating contactless payment, express check-outs, and plexiglass barrier implementation where possible.
- Abiding by all current orders and directives issued by governmental and public health officials.
Through this program, we will ensure that everyone feels safe when visiting Mountaineer Country. When you decide to visit–for the first time or return to your second home–you can feel confident that you’ve made the right choice.
View MC Commitments
When customers see the MC Commitment shield displayed on a business’s window or website, you will know that the business has committed to higher safety standards for employees and customers in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.