Easter Events and Activities for Kids
Easter Bunny Surprises and Egg-cellent Crafts!
Spring is in the air, which can only mean one thing: Easter is right around the corner. We have rounded up some of our favorite events and activities to get you (and your kiddos) in the Easter spirit!
Events and At-Home Activities
- Photos with the Easter Bunny: Head to Morgantown Mall for a special keepsake with the Easter Bunny! From March 17 through April 8, bring the family to capture a picture with the Easter Bunny that you’ll treasure forever. Photos with the Easter Bunny will be available Monday-Sunday and you can pick your time as well as photo package. The Easter Bunny is located near the Play Area.
- March 26 Sensitive Bunny at Morgantown Mall: Morgantown Mall is excited to welcome Sensitive Bunny® on Sunday, March 26, from 10:00-11:30 a.m. Sensitive Bunny is a private event designed for children and young adults with special needs and their families to have an opportunity to visit with and have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny. Morgantown Mall has made necessary adjustments to the environment to support the sensory, physical, and other developmental needs of children of all abilities for this special event. Guests can also partake in a special craft.
- March 26 Easter Bunny Pictures with Baby Goats: Everyone is invited to get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny and baby goats at Arthurdale Heritage! Treasure these unique memories and photos for years to come.
- April 1 Easter Egg Hunt at the Modern Homestead: Beginning at 1 p.m., bring the little ones to enjoy a free easter egg hunt at the Garden Center and kick off the easter holiday early this year.
- April 2 Easter Egg Hunt at Camp Muffly!: Free for all ages, this event is a fun way to get into the Easter spirit early this year for children of all ages. There will be prizes, games and more for all age groups to enjoy.
- April 2 Pictures with the Easter Bunny at Harley Davidson: Kids, pets, and couples are all invited to get your photo taken with the Easter Bunny at Triple S Harley-Davidson! Package will include a digital photograph and 4×6 print. Proceeds benefit Bikers Against Child Abuse.
- April 4 Story Painting: How to Catch the Easter Bunny!: Join The WOW! Factory for a story painting on Tuesday, April 4, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. All paints used are non-toxic and water-soluble, so feel free to get messy as the paint will come right out of clothes! Story Painting is geared toward ages 2-4, but all ages are welcome.
- April 8 Story Painting: How to Catch the Easter Bunny!: Join The WOW! Factory for a story painting on Saturday, April 8, from 10-11 a.m. All paints used are non-toxic and water-soluble, so feel free to get messy. Paint will come right out of clothes! Story Painting is geared toward ages 2-4, but all ages are welcome.
- April 8 Easter Egg Hunt at Alpine Lake Resort: Free for children ages 0-12 years old. Please bring a basket or bag to carry eggs. Registration required to attend the event and can be found in the event link.
- April 8 Jump with the Easter Bunny!: Come jump with the Easter Bunny at Launch Pad Trampoline Park from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. There are two age groups so be sure to check the event for more information. Happy jumping!
- April 9 Easter Egg Hunt at Mason-Dixon Historical Park!: This free Easter Egg Hunt will have fun for everyone with registration beginning at 1 p.m. and the hunt beginning at 2 p.m. and will have multiple age groups.
- April 9 Bunny Hop Fun Run & Walk: Enjoy an evening outside walking or running with friends and family at the WV Northern Rail-Trail in Tunnelton for a FREE Easter Egg hunt along the trail with prizes.
Handprint Bunnies (Craft Source: One Little Project)
What you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Pink Marker
- Black Gel Pen
Painted Easter Egg Rocks (Craft Source: Projects with Kids)
What you will need:
- Rocks (round, egg-shaped would be best)
- Acrylic Paints
- Paint Palette
- Mod Podge
Craft Experts in Mountaineer Country
If you don’t want to deal with the mess or need help from the experts, leave it to Mountaineer Country to have some of the best!