The Great Cookie Challenge
Do all your friends and family tell you they love your cookies? Do people get big smiles on their faces when you walk in the door with your freshly made cookies? Well, you’re just the bakers we are looking for to compete in the Great Cookie Challenge which will be at Preston Community Arts Center, 123 S. Price Street, Kingwood, following Main Street Kingwood’s Christmas Parade time to be determined.
Not a baker, but love to eat cookies? Well, you can attend the parade and then come inside to sample wonderful homemade cookies ($3 admission). Vote for your favorite cookie which will be awarded the People’s Choice ribbon. And spend some time shopping for that special Christmas gift in our gift shop filled with one-of-a-kind or handmade items made by local artisans.
Please contact JoAnn at 304-329-6336 or 301-268-5116 or by email at [email protected] to sign up to enter the Great Cookie Challenge or if you have any questions.
Here are the rules for bakers:
1. All cookies must be made from scratch – no mixes, no frozen or pre-made dough. Recipes must accompany each entry, along with your name, phone number, and address on the back of your recipe card.
2. Baker may not be a professional baker. Amateurs only.
3. Baker must be a Preston County resident.
4. Each entry (cookie batch) must be of at least 4 dozen cookies.
5. No submissions will be accepted that require refrigeration.
6. There is a $5 entry fee per cookie batch.
7. Bakers may enter more than one kind of cookie.
8. Cookies must be brought to the Preston Community Arts Center between 9-10 a.m. on Dec. 7.
9. Cookies will be judged on taste and appearance.
10. Ribbons will be awarded for People’s Choice, Best Tasting, Best Appearance, Best Christmas Cookie, and Best of Show.
Preston Community Arts Center, South Price Street, Kingwood, WV, USA