Morgantown Polar Plunge
This is where the very first Polar Plunge for Special Olympics WV took place, and 15 years later it remains a great and must-do event for many.
On February 20, participants will plunge into Cheat Lake, which always provide some frigid water for plungers to enjoy. This Polar Plunge is noted for the incredibly creative costumes that many participants wear to compete in the entertaining costume contest before taking the plunge.
REGISTER below and be a VIRTUAL PLUNGER:
- Pick your fundraising goal.
- Complete your Polar Plunge at home anytime during the month of February!
- This could mean taking a cold shower or fill your bathtub with ice cubes (please remember to wear swimwear!) You could plunge in your pool, at the beach, run through a sprinkler, get sprayed with a hose outside, or jump into the creek in your backyard. You decide how you will be “Freezin’ for a Reason“! Please remember to be safe…. get creative, and HAVE FUN!
- Upload your Virtual Plunge video to our Facebook page, using #SOWVPolarPlunge, anytime between February 1-28.
- Videos should be no more than 60 seconds.
- Please note: inappropriate or unsafe submissions will be deleted)
- Vote and get your family & friends to vote for your Plunge!
- There will be a “People’s Choice Award” for the Most Creative Costume and Best Plunge video, along with an award for Highest Fundraiser!
- Voting will open February 1 (one vote per day).
- Post your video to your social media to share with your donors. Be sure to tag us when you do!
This is just another fun way to show your support and be Freezin’ for a Reason for Special Olympics West Virginia. At the end of the day, no matter what your Plunge looks like, you’ll be supporting thousands of athletes here in WV.
Cheat Lake, WV, USA