2021 Christmas Events in Mountaineer Country
Get in the holiday spirit with these festive events!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights, and visiting Santa…one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating and your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or you’re just visiting Mountaineer Country, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays, and numerous activities, there is always something to do when you’re here for the holidays.
Breakfast with Santa
- Enjoy breakfast with Santa and a Christmas craft for kids at Tygart Lake Lodge on December 4th from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Santa will be in the lodge from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The Tygart Lake State Park Foundation will be serving cookies and hot chocolate to everyone in attendance.
- Experience a jolly brunch with Santa at the WVU Erickson Alumni Center on December 5th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. This festive brunch includes a lavish brunch menu, a variety of kids’ activities, and a free photo with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Plus, there may be a few extra surprises in store.
- Fill your bellies and hearts with a homemade breakfast with Santa at Alpine Lake Resort on December 12th at 9 a.m. With a menu of scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries, danishes, fruit, yogurt, coffee, and juice, you and Santa are sure to leave happy.
Pictures with Santa and other Holiday Photos Opportunities
- Get a cheerful keepsake when you join LS Photography for Santa Portraits and Fun with the Elves on December 10th and 11th. Make sure you make an appointment to reserve your spot!
- Holiday Family & Pet Photo Mini Sessions at Gallery 62 West: The Taylor County Arts Council and PATCH Coalition are partnering to bring you mini photo sessions through a holiday fundraiser. The photo sessions are 15 minutes long and include 5 edited images. Receive two additional images FREE when you bring a hygiene product for the PATH Coalition’s Blessing Box Project. Photos are on December 3rd from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Say “cheese” as you smile for Holiday Photos with Krampus at Morgantown Art Party on December 5th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Photo packages are tiered and by donation.
- Bring your kids and furry friends for photos with Santa at the Morgantown Mall’s Paws and Claus event on December 6th from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Morgantown Jaycees Parade: December 6th at 6:30 p.m. on High Street. The parade will kick off with a Christmas tree lighting around 5:40 p.m. and caroling by 4-H in the Courthouse Square.
- Kingwood Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting: December 6th at 6 p.m. Line up will begin at the Craig Civic Center at 5 p.m.
- Grafton Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 4th at 6:30 pm.
- Festival of Trees 2021 at Gallery 62 West: Stop by Gallery 62 West in downtown Grafton to admire their display of Christmas trees and even bid on one to take home! Bidding closes December 12th, and winners will be announced. Keep your eyes open for special holiday deals in their art shop!
- Winterfest at WVU: Head to the WVU Evansdale Rec Fields between now and December 10th to get in the holiday spirit! There will be ice skating, photos inside a giant snowglobe, giveaways, snacks, food trucks, and more activities. Winterfest is open from noon to 10 p.m. on weekends, from 5-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 5 p.m. to midnight on Fridays.
- Jacqueline’s Fine Jewelry Holiday Party: Sip on a cocktail and enjoy the company of other customers as Jacqueline’s Fine Jewelry says “Thank You” for your business at their holiday party on December 3rd and 4th at their Suncrest Towne Centre location.
- 18th Century Christmas Tour and Hearth Cooking Demo at Pricketts Fort State Park: Join Pricketts Fort for an authentic colonial holiday meal cooked over an open hearth, featuring colonial Christmas recipes. Join in on the tour and meal on December 3rd from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Annual Downtown Light-Up Night & Mayoral Tree Lighting: On December 3rd at 6 p.m., head to downtown Grafton for their annual holiday celebration
- Kingwood Ugly Sweater Sweater: FUN Run: Run through town while wearing your festive, ugly holiday sweater on December 6th at 6 p.m. right before the Christmas parade.
- Holiday Tea Tasting at The Tea Shoppe: Sip on holiday teas and find a new favorite on December 8th at 6 p.m. Light refreshments will be provided, and registration is required.
- Holiday Drop and Shop at the Aquatic Center at Mylan Park: Bring the kids to the Aquatic Center at Mylan Park on December 10th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and December 11th from 9 a.m. to noon for three hours of holiday fun, including a movie, activities, and swimming.
- Cookies with Cocoa Santa: Spend some quality time decorating cookies, making crafts, and sipping cocoa with Santa! Head to the Wax Bar on December 11th from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- A Christmas Carol: Join the West Virginia Public Theater for a Morgantown Christmas tradition — A Christmas Carol! Head to the WVU Creative Arts Center’s Lyell B Clay Concert Theatre December 16th through 18th at 7:30 p.m. or December 18th and 19th at 2 p.m. to kick off the holiday festivities.
- Dinner with the Grinch: Head to Leonard’s Grille in Grafton to have dinner with the Grinch! They will host dinners three different days at four different times so everyone can come and enjoy while trying to change the Grinch’s heart!
- Shop Small at the Mall on December 4th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Support small businesses, artisans, designers, and makers while you complete your holiday shopping.
- Head to the Holiday Sale at Lock House Studio on December 4th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and December 5th from noon to 4 p.m., featuring potters, paper artists, and more.
- Join Hoot and Howl for their H&H Holiday Pop-up Party with The Pretty Pickle on December 4th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and H&H Holiday Pop-up Party with Angela Awesome Pants on December 5th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Browse handmade botanical jewelry, sun catchers, pottery, and meet the artists.
- Stop by Blue and Gold Graphics for their 2nd Annual Kick Off to Christmas on December 5th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to shop holiday gifts and food trucks. The event will be primarily outdoors, so dress for the weather.
- Make the short drive to Fairmont for the Christmas Hometown Market on December 10th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and December 11th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event is part of Fairmont’s annual Feast of the Seven Fishes event.
- Finish your holiday shopping strong at the Holiday Craft & Vendor Show in Blacksville on December 12th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Browse work from several local crafters to find something unique to gift this season. Plus, admission is FREE!
- Morgantown Art Party is hosting a Holiday POP-UP Market on December 11th, starting at 11 a.m. Support small and local businesses while you spread holiday cheer this year!
- Make your own beautiful wooden snowman ornament at the Maureen Donnelly Craft Class at Arthurdale Heritage on December 2nd at 2 p.m. This family-friendly event is just $10 a person, all materials included.
- Create your own holiday wreath at the Pricketts Fort Wreath Workshop on December 5th at 9:30 a.m., hosted by the Marion County Master Gardeners.
- Join The WOW! Factory for their Clay Handbuilding Class on December 12th at 4 p.m. to make ornaments. Spruce up your tree with one-of-a-kind decor, made by you!
Looking for More Holiday Fun in Mountaineer Country?
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Mountaineer Country this holiday season.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know and we will add it to the list!
Plus, share your favorite Mountaineer Country holiday activity or tradition with us by using #VisitMountaineerCountry and we may use your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.