2022 Christmas Events in Mountaineer Country
Get in the holiday spirit with these festive events!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights, and visiting Santa…one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating and your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or you’re just visiting Mountaineer Country, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays, and numerous activities, there is always something to do when you’re here for the holidays.
- Breakfast with Santa: It is time to mark your calendars for December 11th and head to Rising Creek 2 Tutto Gelato’s 2nd annual Breakfast with Santa! Photo opportunities with Santa and a special kid’s breakfast menu will be available, as well as their full breakfast menu.
- Holiday Family & Pet Photo Mini Sessions at Gallery 62 West: The Taylor County Arts Council and PATCH Coalition are partnering to bring you mini photo sessions through a holiday fundraiser. The photo sessions are 15 minutes long and include 5 edited images. Receive two additional images FREE when you bring a hygiene product for the PATH Coalition’s Blessing Box Project. Photos are on November 29th from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Santa will be at the Morgantown Mall from December 1 through December 24. Bring the family to capture magical holiday moments with Santa that you’ll treasure forever! Save time this holiday season and reserve your photo time slot in advance, walk-ins are welcome as well.
- Bring your kids and furry friends for photos with Santa at the Morgantown Mall’s Paws and Claus event on December 5th beginning at 6 p.m.
- Holiday Photos with Krampus!: Get your Holiday photos with Krampus himself Saturday, December 10th from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Gibbie’s Pub & Eatery 368 High St! Following this, join him at 6:30 p.m. for the Krampusnaught Walk down High St.
- Meet Santa at Launch Pad!: Santa is coming to Launch Pad! Get in some quality time with ol’ Saint Nick on December 17th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. before he takes off to deliver everyone’s gifts!
- Cookies with Claus at The Morgantown Mall: Bring your child to Morgantown Mall to spend some quality time with Santa on December 17th from 11 a.m. through 12 p.m.
- 7th Annual Evening with Santa: Santa is coming to Mason-Dixon Historical Park on December 10th! Come out to the red barn and enjoy an evening with Santa, games, cookie decorating, and ornament crafts!
- Cookies & Cocoa with Santa: Experience the joy of the holiday season sprinkled with a little WVU cheer! Register to attend ‘Cookies and Cocoa with Santa’ at The Erickson Alumni Center on December 11th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Breakfast with Santa at Alpine Lake: Fill your bellies and hearts with a homemade breakfast with Santa at Alpine Lake Resort on December 17th at 9 a.m.
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: December 5th at 6:00 p.m. on High Street. Take in all of the colorful floats, the marching bands, and of course, Santa Claus!
- Kingwood Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting: The town of Kingwood is trying something new this Christmas and will be hosting a Christmas Party for children ages infant to 13 years at the Craig Civic Center from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. The party will feature, games, face painting, snacks, and more! Following a day of fun, meet downtown for the parade at 5:30 p.m.
- Grafton Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 2nd at 6:30 pm.
- A Not So Silent Night Ridge Kids Movie Night: Join Chestnut Ridge Church for a FREE, fun-filled night for the whole family! The Star movie will be airing in The Ridge auditorium on Friday, Dec. 9. Doors open at 6 p.m. Grab some popcorn, candy, and drinks from the concession stand, for $1 each, and find seats before the show starts at 6:30 p.m. There will be some interactive elements and loads of laughs, so mark your calendars and invite some friends!
- Holiday Cat and Kitten Adoption: Stop by Southern States in Sabraton and take home a forever friend! The adoption occurs between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., but fill out the forms online ahead of time so you can take your new family home with you that day.
- Holiday Open House and Market: Head to Arthurdale Heritage on December 10th to see the stunning museum buildings decorated for Christmas, watch a blacksmithing demonstration and shop their mini craft market featuring West Virginia artisans.
- Christkindlmarkt: A European-style Holiday market right here in Mountaineer Country! Browse through a variety of vendors selling all sorts of Christmas goodies for you on December 10th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Szilagyi Center.
- Apothecary Christmas Market: Apothecary Ale House welcomes you to their first annual Christmas market on December 10th from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Stock up on some of the coolest holiday and Christmas pieces as you peacefully sit by the fire, enjoy live brass music, and drink mulled wine!
- Snowflake Spectacular Craft and Vendor Event: Get ahead of holiday shopping, or spoil yourself, and support local businesses at the same time as you glance through a variety of vendors, crafters, and food trucks! This spectacular craft and vendor event at Mylan Park is on December 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and entry is $5 per person, excluding children.
- Run Run! Rudolph! 5k: Head to Terra Café on December 17th for a day of running on the wonderful wintery wonderland trail of the Mon River Trail. Grab your ugliest sweater, brightest nose, and/or flashiest lights, and come out for their first annual We Run Morgantown 5k Run/Walk for a clause!
- Community Christmas Dinner in Kingwood: Bring your family, friends, and neighbors to Kingwood Christian Fellowship to enjoy a great meal this Christmas season. The free meal is being held on December 17th from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and consists of ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, mac and cheese, rolls, a dessert, and drink.
- Dinner with the Grinch: Come have dinner at Leonard’s Grill on December 11th, 21st, or 17th as they host the mean, smelly, Grinch! The Grinch will interact with guests, pose for pictures, and cause chaos everywhere you turn!
- Generations Christmas: Bobby Nicholas & Trevor Dion Nicholas: Ring in the festive season with local singer Bobby Nicholas and his son, Trevor Dion Nicholas, for a father/son Christmas Celebration. The concert will be held at Morgantown’s Metropolitan Theatre on High Street on December 15th, 2022.
- Journey To Bethlehem – Drive Thru Live Nativity: The Sandy Creek Covenant Brethren Congregations in Bruceton Mills, WV are presenting a Drive-Thru Nativity, “Journey To Bethlehem” on Friday, December 16, and Saturday, December 17th from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Pretzel Arena. The Drive-Thru Nativity will portray the Christmas story and the birth of Jesus Chris, in 10 scenes with live actors, animals, and audio narration.
- Christmas in Kingwood: As mentioned above, Kingwood is changing its Christmas traditions this year with a full day of family fun. Children ages infant to 13 are welcome to meet at the Craig Civic Center from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. This unique party will feature, games, face painting, snacks, and more! Of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be in attendance for pictures and for children to tell him their Christmas List.
- Holiday Tea Tasting: Join The Tea Shoppe at the Seneca Center on December 14th from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. to taste a variety of their seasonal and holiday teas.
- Short Story Brewing Ugly Christmas Sweater Party: On Friday, December 23rd Short Story Brewing will be throwing an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! This will be the last day they will be open until after Christmas so you won’t want to miss it.
- WV Sound Foundry Rock Out for the Falalalidays 2022: Head to the Preston County Youth Center on Saturday, December 17th and jam out with the WV Sound Foundry!
Looking for the perfect holiday gifts? Check out our Mountaineer Country holiday gift guide!
- Shop Small at the Mall on December 4th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Support small businesses, artisans, designers, and makers while you complete your holiday shopping.
- Christkindlmarkt: The European-style Holiday market is the perfect way to get your holiday shopping done! Glance through a variety of vendors selling all sorts of Christmas goodies on December 10th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Szilagyi Center.
- Snowflake Spectacular Craft and Vendor Event: Get ahead of holiday shopping, or spoil yourself, at Mylan Park on December 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., entry is $5 per person excluding children.
- Join Hoot and Howl for their H&H Holiday Pop-up Party every Saturday and Sunday in December from 10-4! They’re going all out and filling up their new space next door with artists and makers as well as enjoying photo opportunities and refreshments.
- Make the short drive to Fairmont for the Hometown Christmas Market on December 9th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and December 10th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event is part of Fairmont’s annual Feast of the Seven Fishes event.
- Modern Homestead Holiday Market: Celebrate this holiday season with Modern Homestead! From December 9th through 11th their freshly baked pastries and espresso drinks from their cozy café, while shopping for all of your holiday essentials.
For a full list of holiday craft fun in Mountaineer Country, check out “Holiday Crafts and Hands-On Activities” and start planning!
- Join The WOW! Factory for one of their many holiday events! View their full schedule and get ready to spruce up your house with one-of-a-kind decor, made by you!
- Holiday Wreath Workshop at the Art Party: Get crafty with Morgantown Art Party! Join them on December 8 at 6 p.m. for an evening of hot cocoa, holiday tunes, & wreath-making fun! Food will be available to order from the Art Bar next door but feel free to BYOB & snacks.
Looking for more ways to celebrate the holiday season in Mountaineer Country?
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Mountaineer Country this holiday season.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know and we will add it to the list!
Plus, share your favorite Mountaineer Country holiday activity or tradition with us by using #VisitMountaineerCountry and we may use your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.