2020 Christmas Events in Mountaineer Country
Parades, Plays and Plenty of Holiday Fun!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights and visiting Santa …one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating and your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or you’re visiting Mountaineer Country, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays and numerous activities, there is always MORE! to do when you’re here for the holidays.
- Santa will be at the Morgantown Mall all season long, starting Friday, November 27 until Christmas Eve, for kids to meet and take photos with him. Check online for guidelines and to learn about the Digital Santa Experience.
- Join Triple S Harley Davidson on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9 from 11:00am to 4:00pm for pictures with Santa. There will be an inflatable bounce house, ornament coloring station, and plenty of games for the kids while you wait to see Santa. Prices start at $10.00.
- First United Bank & Trust will be hosting a Virtual Santa Photo Event on Saturday, December 5 from 1:00pm-6:00pm. Visit on Facebook for more information.
- Celebrate the season with Eloquence Antiques and Artisans on Satuday, December 5 from 10:00am-5:00pm during their annual Open House event. Find unique gifts and sweet treats as you wait for a visit from Santa himself!
- The Mason-Dixon Historical Park is holding their 5th annual event with games and cookie decorating, as well as Santa himself, on Saturday, December 12 starting at 5:00pm.
- Take photos with Santa and his elves at the Santa’s Workshop with the Elves event, happening Saturday, December 12 at 10:00am. Reserve your Portrait with Santa today.
- Race to the top when you attend the Climb with Santa event happening at Gritstone Climbing and Fitness, LLC in Morgantown on December 18th.
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: Cancelled (Look out for a special Morgantown Christmas Parade Throughout the Years video, to be shared on Youtube, and Morgantown’s government access channel, Comcast cable channel 15.)
- Terra Alta Christmas Parade: December 11 at 6:30PM
- Kingwood Christmas Parade: Cancelled
- Star City Christmas Parade and Event: Cancelled
- Fairmont Christmas Parade: TBD
- The Festival of Trees: Tuesday, Nov. 17 until Sunday, Dec. 13. The display is open to the public, with varying hours from day to day, at Gallery 62 West by the Taylor County Arts Council.
- Holiday Market at the Rustic Church: Starting Friday, Nov. 27 and going until Sunday, Dec. 13, The Rustic Church at Modern Homestead in Reedsville will be open for a Holiday Market.
- 18th Century Christmas Tours: Sunday, Nov. 29 to Friday, Dec. 4, take an 18th Century Christmas Tour at Pricketts Fort in Fairmont, WV.
- Homeschool Art Classes: Dec. 2, Dec. 9 and Dec. 16, join the Preston County Arts Center for kid-friendly holiday-themed crafts.
- Wrap Up the Holidays Open House: Saturday, Dec. 4 and Sunday, Dec. 5, stop by Jacqueline’s Fine Jewelry for holiday sales on the perfect gift for him, for her, and for you!
- Jingle Bell Sale: Starting Dec. 4 through Dec. 6, the Old Stone House will be discounting selecting items in store as part of their annual Jingle Bell Sale. Proceeds from the sale will go to benefit non-profits and citizens in Monongalia County.
- Kickoff to Christmas Outdoor Maker Fair: Saturday, Dec. 5, 10am- 4pm, join Blue and Gold Graphics as they host an outdoor market of hand crafted gifts and more.
- Holiday Pop-Up Party: Sunday, Dec. 5, 11am-3pm, Hoot and Howl will be hosting a Holiday Pop-Up Party with featured artist, 55 Oaks Studio.
- Cozy Dinner To Go: Order your Cozy Dinner To Go by Modern Homestead for Dec. 5 or Dec. 12 for a rustic homecooked meal, prepared and ready for pickup.
- Christmas Crafts: Sunday, Dec. 6, at 1pm The WOW! Factory and Triple S. Harley Davidson will be hosting a Sunday Funday crafts event, benefiting BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse).
- Hometown Holiday Celebration: Dec. 7 through Dec. 21, support Downtown Morgantown and Historic Wharf District restaurants and businesses and share your experience to social! Tag the business and Main Street Morgantown in your post for a chance to win a holiday stocking filled with goodies from local businesses.
- Virtual Tree Lighting: Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 6:00pm, join Main Street Kingwood on Facebook for their Virtual Tree Lighting Event.
- Celebration of Lights: Wednesdays through Sundays in December, head to Morris Park in Fairmont for the Celebration of lights, a festive spectacular that visitors can walk or drive through.
- Drive-Thru Live Nativity: Friday, Dec. 18 and Sunday Dec. 19 starting at 6:30pm, drive through the “Journey to Bethlehem,” a free drive-thru nativity at Pretzel Area in Preston County.
- Winter Market: Saturday, Dec. 19 from 10:00am to 1:00pm, visit the Morgantown Farmers Market, hosted at the Monongalia County Extension Building at Mylan Park, for their Winter Farmers Market. Shop-in person or pre-order online to pick-up during the event.
- Grinch Christmas Book Reading: Wednesday, Dec. 23, starting at 6PM, join the Preston Community Arts Center on Facebook for a virtual Christmas book reading with the Grinch!
- Hill & Hollow Christmas Feast: Order today and pickup for ready to serve Christmas Feast on Thursday, December 24, starting at 3:00pm. Each feast feeds between 4-6 people, for a total of $150. Preorder by email with the following information: Name, Contact Number, Pickup Time, Choice of Duck, Pork or Salmon, Choice of Ready to Serve or Packed to Reheat.
- Sargasso Seasonal Chefs’ Menu: Reserve your table during the limited time only holiday menu at Sargasso, offered in-house and for take-out during dinner hours. Choose between Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Butter Lettuce Salad, Steelhead Trout, or Wagyu Beef. Add in the recommended wine pairings for a meal that’s completely decadent. Hurry! This exclusive menu is only available until Dec. 23.
- Outdoor Christmas Eve Service: Thursday, Dec. 24, starting at 6:30PM, join the Suncrest United Methodist Church in their Outdoor Christmas Eve Worship Service.
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Mountaineer Country this holiday season.
Heading to Downtown Morgantown this holiday season? Enjoy free parking, courtesy of the Morgantown Parking Authority! Free parking will be available all day in all metered lots and gated and metered parking garages from 6 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 20 to 5 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 28.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know and we will add it to the list!
Plus, share your favorite Mountaineer Country holiday activity or tradition with us by using #VisitMountaineerCountry or #MorgantownMoment and we may use your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.