2023 Christmas Events in Mountaineer Country
Get in the holiday spirit with these festive events!
Putting up the Christmas tree, hanging the lights, and visiting Santa…one thing is for sure, Christmas is here!
Whether or not you’ve started decorating or your kids have made their wish lists, it’s never too early to get in the spirit and start planning your must-do events.
If you’re a local or just visiting Mountaineer Country, there is plenty to do this holiday season. From parades, plays, and numerous activities, there is always something to do when you’re here for the holidays.
If you are looking for places to find Santa, check out our Santa Sightings blog to get all the details!
- Morgantown Christmas Parade: Dec. 11, at 6 p.m. on High Street. Take in all of the colorful floats, the marching bands, and of course, Santa Claus!
- Live Nativity – The Light of the World: Kingdom Community Church is creating an immersive nativity experience for you to celebrate the story of Jesus’ birth! Hear the story of his birth through narration, song, scripture, and uniquely designed sets. Everyone is invited to this free event on Dec. 8 and 9 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Apothecary Christmas Market: Apothecary Ale House welcomes you to their annual Christmas market on Dec. 9, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Stock up on some of the coolest holiday and Christmas pieces as you peacefully sit by the fire, enjoy live brass music, and drink mulled wine!
- Run Santa Run 5k: Gear up for some holiday cheer with the Rosenbaum Family House at their festive Run Santa Run 5K on Dec. 10 at 9 a.m.! Walk, jog, or sprint your way through the course. The funds made from the 5K help provide a home away from home for patients and families during their medical journeys. Spread joy, stay active, and support families in need this season!
- Dinner with the Grinch: Have dinner at Leonard’s Grill on Dec. 8, 15, or 17, from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. as they host the mean, smelly, Grinch! The Grinch will interact with guests, pose for pictures, and cause chaos everywhere you turn!
Looking for the perfect holiday gifts? Check out our Mountaineer Country holiday gift guide!
- Christkindlmarkt: The European-style Holiday market is the perfect way to get your holiday shopping done! Glance through a variety of vendors selling all sorts of Christmas goodies on Dec. 10 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Szilagyi Center.
- Join Hoot and Howl for their 5th annual H&H Holiday Pop-up Party every Saturday and Sunday in December from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.! They’re going all out and filling up their space with artists and makers as well as enjoying photo opportunities and refreshments.
For a full list of holiday craft fun in Mountaineer Country, check out “Holiday Crafts and Hands-On Activities” and start planning!
- Join The WOW! Factory for one of their many holiday events! View their full schedule and get ready to spruce up your house with one-of-a-kind decor, made by you.
- Holiday Ornaments Workshop: The West Virginia Botanic Garden invites all ages to make holiday ornaments! Learn how to make nature-inspired ornaments while listening to a winter animal-themed book.
Looking for more ways to celebrate the holiday season in Mountaineer Country?
Click here for a full list of Christmas events and activities in Mountaineer Country this holiday season.
Know of other Christmas events in the area? Let us know and we will add it to the list!
Plus, share your favorite Mountaineer Country holiday activity or tradition with us by using #VisitMountaineerCountry and we may use your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.