Mylan Park: The Ins and Outs
One Remarkable Destination for Sports Tournaments
Mylan Park’s COVID-19 Response
The staff at Mylan Park have been monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and continually assessing local and state guidance to appropriately respond for the safety of our community. Find updates and information by visiting online.
Mountaineer Country’s recreational crown jewel unlike any you’ve ever seen. This magnificent sports complex sits on 400 acres and boasts 14 different indoor and outdoor facilities that are only rivaled by a canvas backdrop known as the Appalachian Mountains. This purpose-built sports destination encompasses 60 acres of premium athletic field space and more than 180,000 sq. ft. of indoor sport, recreation and event venues. Regional and national tournaments, as well as adult and youth league teams, are hosted year ‘round.
The Aquatic and Track Complex at Mylan Park is affiliated with the great sporting tradition of West Virginia University, collegiate playground for legends that include Jerry West, Sam Huff and Hot Rod Hundley. Today, the park is the home to WVU’s swimming and diving, cross country and track and field teams.
The park is easily accessible just 1 mile from Interstate-79 and 75 miles from Pittsburgh.
- 50-Meter Competition Pool with Spectator Seating for 2,000
- Diving Tower
- 25 yard, 6-Lane Recreational Pool with Splash and Play Features
- Outdoor Splash Pad
- Wet Classroom/Multipurpose Studios (dividable into 2 rooms)
- Fitness Center
- Retail Pro Shop
- Indoor/Outdoor Concessions
- Catering Kitchen
The Competition Pool and Diving Well is an unrivaled facility featuring an Olympic-sized 50 meter pool with movable bulkhead that can be configured for short- or long-course. The six-lane diving well features a full array of platforms and springboards, and holds more than 750,000 gallons of water. Boasting 1,500 spectator seats, 17 – 21 feet of tiled pool deck space, direct access to the multi-purpose classrooms and locker rooms, and top-of-the-line Colorado Time scoreboard and timing system, this facility is truly unique to the region.
The Aquatic Center at Mylan Park hosts Big 12 Conference Swimming and Diving Championships and WVSSAC High School Swim Tournaments.
Track and Field Complex
- 4,000-Meter, 8-Lane Track and Field Complex
- Steeple Pit, Pole Vault, Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Javelin, and Hammer/Discus Areas
- Mondo Track Surface
- Spectator seating for 2,000
- LED stadium lighting
- Press Box
- Ticket office and offices
- Parking for 540
Mylan Park’s state-of-the-art prefabricated, synthetic Mondo Super-X surface combines unrivaled comfort and safety. The complex is fitted with a top-of-the-line timing system, cameras, and video scoreboard, all set against a backdrop of stunning mountain views.
- 100-yard Turf Athletic Field
- Two Grass Baseball Fields
- Two Grass Softball Fields
- Two Turf Baseball/Softball Fields
- Miracle Baseball League – Adaptive Field Complex
- 24 Horseshoe Courts
A spectacular 10 acres of playing surface includes encompass eight athletic fields in natural grass and artificial turf. These premier parks are designed to host baseball, softball, soccer, rugby, lacrosse, and flag football for adult and youth leagues.
Indoor Turf Arena and Training Facility
- 50,000 s.f. with 90-foot Ceiling Height
- 3,000 s.f. Sports Performance Area
- 6 Batting Cages
- 53,000 square foot Community Center
- 12,000 square foot Outdoor Event Pavilion
- 42-Space RV Paved Parking Lot with Electric Hookup
Download the Mylan Park Map
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.