TAF Goals – Monongalia County
- Enhance the quality of existing events and activities and assist existing organizations in expanding and attracting new events and visitors 50 or more miles outside of Monongalia County.
- Create or increase overnight hotel/motel stays in Monongalia County.
- Encourage increased visitor spending in Monongalia County.
- Connect events to VMCCVB resources by linking to the VMCCVB website and social media and generate leads for VMCCVB to encourage visitor engagement and recruitment.
- Promote responsible event organization and event best practices (i.e., security, traffic control, safety, etc.).
- Provide funding in a timely manner needed for event success.
- Gather event data or post-event information for future TAF planning.
- The event promoter must submit a completed application for consideration. Applications may be previewed or submitted at https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/75487-Visit-Mountaineer-Country-Convention-And-Visitors-Bureau
Click here to use a template for your event’s budget.
- PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANT’S INFORMATION IS SAVED ON THE PORTAL UNTIL THEY ARE READY TO SUBMIT THEIR FINAL APPLICATION.
- MCTAF Review Committee will review, approve, or deny within 30 days of receiving the completed application.
- Visit Mountaineer Country CVB will notify applicants of approval or denial via email.
- If approved:
- Applicants must sign and return VMCCVB’s indemnity agreement before receiving any MCTAF funds.
- Once the Indemnity Agreement is completed, scan and return the signed indemnity agreement to [email protected].
NOTE: There is a $10 fee for service for all indemnity agreements. This charge will be taken out of your awarded funds.
- Applicants must complete a W-9 and return it to [email protected]
- Applicants will receive 50% of their awarded grant funds once approved.
- Upon completion of the event, recipients will complete their final grant report at https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/74493-Visit-Mountaineer-Country-Convention-And-Visitors-Bureau
- Applicants will receive their remaining 50% once their final grant report has been successfully received with the required supporting information.
- Event size –
- Small community events (< 500 attendees with requests < $2,500),
- Medium – Large tourism events (> 500 attendees with requests > $2,500 AND involve large number of overnight hotel guests)
- Event types –
- Community-oriented/quality of life events – smaller events with requests < $2,500
- Tourism events – attracting out of town attendees, with requests > $2,500
- Event recruitment and support – requests for financial support (i.e., bid fees, sponsorships, amenities, hospitality, facility, etc.)
- Other – events that do not fit into the three prior categories may be considered.
- Event requirements –
- Must occur in Monongalia County.
- May not be programming for any municipal facility or park.
- Must share event data (i.e., detailed revenue and expenses, number of attendees, etc.).
- Must complete a post-event report containing event (i.e., detailed revenue and expenses, vendors, attendees, advertising, etc.).
- Event scoring – more points will be awarded to applications containing the following:
- The attraction of visitors from > 50 miles outside of Monongalia County.
- Increased overnight hotel stays and visitor spending.
- Link to VisitMountaineerCountry.com and VMCCVB’s social media on all promotions, including event website.
- Abiding by event best practices (security, traffic control, safety, budgets, etc.) (Note: Amount sponsored cannot exceed 30% of your event’s budget)