Greater Morgantown Craft Beer Crawl
Where to find the best craft beer in Mountaineer Country
Take a Saturday to explore more in Greater Morgantown by following this craft beer crawl guide!
- Iron Horse Tavern– Begin your crawl at the local tavern and enjoy one of the many West Virginia craft beers they have on draft or in bottles.
- Morgantown Brewing Company– Venture over to the “brewpub”, West Virginia’s oldest operating brewery, and grab one of the house craft brews.
- Apothecary Ale House– Head down the street and relax at this laid-back local bar with craft beer and a board game.
- Mountain State Brewing Company– Head down to the Wharf District to enjoy house beers, flatbreads and mountain views in a pub setting.
- High Ground Brewing– If you find yourself in Preston County, stop by this veteran-owned and family-operated brewery for some local craft beer.
- Chestnut Brew Works– Known for their “Halleck Pale Ale,” this local brewery resides in a quaint space in historic South Park. Take in the eclectic vibe and watch the staff make their beer while you are served.
- Screech Owl Brewing– Just one exit down from the Coopers Rock State Forest exit on I-68 E is Bruceton Mills, WV. Make your way to the new Screech Owl taproom for a beer and entree while enjoying scenic Preston County.
Whether you stay for a pint at the bar or pick up a growler to-go, there’s more brewery fun to be had in Monongalia and Preston Counties. For more information on breweries, click here.
The MORE the merrier!
There’s always more to do in Greater Morgantown than you think! Plan ahead to visit our area during one of our “hoppy” events to experience our community and local brews.
- Homerun and Hops– Take me out to the ball game Friday, September 27 for the annual Homerun and Hops Craft Beer Festival! This event is held in the Monongalia County Ballpark where attendees venture around the bases for beer tastings. There’s also plenty of live music and games set up around the park to enjoy throughout the afternoon, including pitching inflatables and corn hole! Pre-sale tickets are $35 and $40 at the gate.
- Hops on the Mon– September 28, taste beers from around the globe at the annual Hops on the Mon Craft Beer and Food Festival at the Ruby Community Center at Mylan Park. Find a brew that suits you best and vote on your favorite! Don’t forget to try the delicious food Greater Morgantown restaurants provide and cast your vote for those too. General admission is $45 and $60 for VIP access.
Wine-o rather than beer lover?
Grapes over hops? No problem! We have just the event for you.
- West Virginia Wine and Jazz Festival– Visit Greater Morgantown September 21 or 22 for the West Virginia Wine and Jazz Festival to try wines of all kinds. For $20 spend your day soaking up the September sun at Camp Muffly, enjoying food from local vendors and relaxing to the sweet sound of jazz.