Grab your running shoes and get signed up for the Spooky Sprint 5K Run/Walk!
While last year’s sprint was a virtual 5K, this one will be in-person on Sunday, Oct. 24, at Hazel Ruby McQuain Riverfront Park! Check-in is at 8 a.m. that day, and the race starts at 9 a.m. There will also be a virtual option the following week for those who can’t attend or prefer not to participate in person. This will be the second year for the Spooky Sprint, and the 5K is sponsored by WVU Medicine.
For just $50, you’ll receive a race T-shirt featuring our favorite running mummy, a race bib with your personal number and a Spooky Sprint metal celebrating your participation, as well as entrance to the race on Oct. 24. The race itself will be a down and back on the rail trail.
The winners of the in-person race will receive some cool prizes, and all the attendees are encouraged to visit the food trucks that will be available at the park at the conclusion of the race. Let’s make it a great, spooky, autumn day! Register now!
To be considered for an event prize:
– Register online by October 11, 2021, at unitedwaympc.org/spookysprint (All registrations received after October 11, 2021, will not be eligible for the early registration prize.)
– Receive your race participation packet upon arrival (included in packet: Spooky Sprint T-shirt, race bib, and medal).
– If participating in the virtual event, your race participation packet will be mailed to you. Once you receive your official race packet, complete the 5k run/walk.
– All racers, both in-person and virtual, are encouraged to post pictures from your run/walk, using the hashtag #ELSPOOKYSPRINT to the United Way of Monongalia and Preston Counties social media pages. This is a requirement for virtual racers to be considered for a prize.
– Most importantly have a great time!
Hazel Ruby McQuain Riverfront Park
Hazel Ruby McQuain Park, Garrett Street, Morgantown, WV, USA