Holiday Crafts and Hands-On Activities
...have a Holly, Jolly, Christmas this Year!
Grab the paint, the popsicle sticks, and the glitter and glue, because the holidays are here and there’s nothing like crafting gifts for your friends and family. Whether it’s a paint and sip masterpiece for the adults or a homemade ornament for the kiddos, find joy this season with easy holiday crafts and activities. Come up with your own ideas to help decorate your tree, and check out the events in Mountaineer Country all month long. You don’t want to miss these one-of-a-kind experiences.
Homemade Craft Ideas
Christmas Tree Sun Catchers
Craft Source: Fantastic Fun and Learning
What you will need:
- Contact Paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Different shades of green tissue paper
- Glue Stick
- Colorful Plastic Gems
Snowman Handprint Cards
Craft Source: The Best Ideas for Kids
What you will need:
- Black Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Colored Cardstock
- Black Marker
- Orange Marker
Mountaineer Country Craft Experts
If you don’t want to deal with the mess or need help from the experts, leave it to Mountaineer Country to have some of the best!
- Incredible Creations Ceramic Studio in downtown Kingwood offers hand-poured, painted, and fired memories. Plus, all products are handmade locally by West Virginians. Choose from an assortment of over 5,000 pieces small to large. There is something for everyone to create!
- The WOW! Factory in Morgantown is a craft-based fun center for people of all ages. Whether you want to paint your own pottery or create a unique mosaic, the opportunities to get creative are endless.
- The Preston Community Arts Center in Arthurdale is a one-stop shop for art classes and events. For the most up-to-date information, follow them on Facebook!
- Gallery 62 West by the Taylor County Arts Council in Grafton provides all kinds of artsy opportunities. Attend an art class yourself, or browse some of the beautiful local art pieces.
- December 2nd, 3 p.m.: Make your own beautiful wooden snowman ornament at the Maureen Donnelly Craft Class at Arthurdale Heritage This family-friendly event is just $10 a person, all materials included.
- December 4th, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Enjoy breakfast with Santa and a Christmas craft for kids at Tygart Lake Lodge. Santa will be in the lodge starting at 9 a.m. The Tygart Lake State Park Foundation will be serving cookies and hot chocolate to everyone in attendance
- December 5th, 9:30 a.m.: Create your own holiday wreath at the Pricketts Fort Wreath Workshop, hosted by the Marion County Master Gardeners.
- December 12th, 4 p.m.: Join The WOW! Factory for their Clay Handbuilding Class, and spruce up your tree with one-of-a-kind decor, made by you!
Check out additional hands-on activities throughout the season with our events calendar!
Show us your completed holiday crafts by using #VisitMountaineerCountry and we may share your photo!
Interested in attending more than one event this weekend? Stay overnight at one of the many hotels and lodgings in Morgantown. Click to reserve your stay.
Contact us to request to contribute to our blog.