Town of Rowlesburg
The 1927 Centenary Bridges are on loan to the Tourism Commission and Town of Rowlesburg from the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore. The whole collection has not been on exhibit in one place since 1927 and has never been outside of the B&O Railroad Museum.
Many of these bridges pioneered engineering techniques for bridge construction in America. The exhibit will be on display in the Rowlesburg High School’s Szalagyi Center for the next five years. The Rowlesburg exhibit includes a model of the Cheat River Bridge, which when last seen had been swept down river 500 yards in the flood of 1985.
Also included in the exhibit is a replica of the bridge General W.E. Jones and his Confederate Raiders were sent to attack in Rowlesburg in 1863. The models range in size from four to 17′. The bridge exhibit is open weekends from May to October and during all festival occasions.